Paramedics are the key players in the Health & Medical Sector. Without paramedics, the entire Health Industry is out of gear and is almost non-functionary. A Paramedic is a Professional who helps the Doctors in specialized areas and facilities for better diagnosis, treatment and therapy. The increase in number of patients, variety of diseases and the demand for immense treatment have paved the way for paramedical professionals who are expert technicians or therapists providing better quality towards Human Health Care. Thus the field of paramedical sciences is gaining ever increasing importance and demand, offering lucrative careers in the health sector.
Paramedics can be defined as a practice in the field of medical science that deals with pre-hospital emergency services. A person working in this field is referred to as paramedic. This medical professional works as an emergency medical care provider, who gives primary medical and trauma care. To become a successful paramedic, a person should have the ability to work in rotational shifts and should have presence of mind to take the right decision during an emergency. He/She should be physically fit and be able to make use of correct precautionary measures to treat the injured person. The major areas of work in the field of paramedical sciences are spinal injury management, fracture management, obstetrics, management of burns and assessment, and evaluation of general incident scene. A person working in the field of para-medicine should be well acquainted with the medical equipment maintenance procedures, radio operating procedures as well as emergency vehicle operation. The increasing demand of skilled paramedical professionals has opened up several career opportunities for young aspirants. Many paramedical institutes offer courses in the field of para medicine, at degree and diploma levels
There are a number of paramedical colleges in India that offer courses in the field of paramedical science, at undergraduate degree .
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- Both PCM and PCB STUDENT can apply for Paramedical Course in PGIMER and AIIMS Delhi.
- 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 50% (GEN) and 45%(OBC,SC,ST) marks from recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other eq. Board.
- Student shall be medically fit.
- Students appearing in 10+2 examination in Science conducted by National Institute of Open School with 45% marks.
- Student shall be admitted once in a year.
After pursuing a course in the field of paramedical science, one can explore various career options available in the medical industry. A paramedic can find job opportunities in government hospitals, private clinics, and trauma centers. Such medical professionals can work as:
- Medical lab Technicians,
- Radiography Technicians,
- Anaesthesia Technicians
- Speech Therapists
- Dialysis Therapists
- Emergency Technicians
- Emergency care Practitioners
- Perfusion Technicians
- Cardiac Technicians
- Respiratory Therapists
- Trauma Technicians
Besides, they can opt for High-end specialization courses and discover umpteen opportunities in India and abroad.
TOP COLLEGES OFFERING UG PARAMEDICAL COURSE
Many medical institutions and hospitals in India offer courses in paramedical science. Some of the most prominent institutes are…
- PGIMER Chandigarh,
- AIIMS Delhi
- JIPMER Puduchrry
- CMC Villore
- IGIMC Shimla
- GMCH-32 Chandigarh
SYLLABUS OF CRASH COURSE B.SC. NURSING & PARAMEDICAL
- Atom,molecules and chemical arithmetic
- Solution and colligetive property
- Oxidation and reduction
- Chemical bonding
- Radioactivity and nuclear reactor
- Atomic structure
- Gasious and solid state
- Chemical kineticsChemical kinetics
- Chemical equilibrium
- Electro chemistry
- Unit and dimension
- Scalor and vector
- Motion in one and two dimension
- Projectile moion
- Motion under gravity
- Work power and energy
- Fluid mechanics
- Current electricity
- Electro state
- Modern physics
- Nomenclature and reaction mechanism
- Name reaction
- Plant classification(microbiology)
- Animal classification(Basic)
- Animal physiology
- Plant physiology
- Morphology and anatomy
- Periodic table
- S-block element
- P-block element
- D-block element
- Extraction of metal
- Important fact of inorganic chemistry
- Co-ordination compound