Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility : Graduation
M.Sc. Nursing of Master of Science in Nursing is a postgraduate Academic nursing Course, The course deals with healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals families, and communities so they may attain maintain or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. The duration of M.Sc in Nursing is mostly of two academic years but it varies form institute to institute. The minimum time to complete the course is also two years. The course is available both in full time and part time basis.
M.Sc. NURSING ELIGIBILITY
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife of equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The Minimum education requirements shall be the passing of: B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
M.Sc. NURSING COLLEGES
- PGIMER(National Institute of Nursing Education(NINE) Chandigarh )
- AIIMS Delhi
- CMC Villore
- BABA FARID UNIVERSITY
- Jamia Hamdard University Delhi
- M.M. College of Nursing Ambala
- University of Delhi –Delhi
- R.A.K.Coolege of nursing delhi
HOW IS M.Sc NURSING COURSE BENEFICIAL
- Postgraduates of the M.Sc Nursing are qualified to work as registered nurses in a wide variety of settings include hospitals, multilevel care facilities, community agencies (Home care, public health) as well as psychiatric or mental health settings.
- There is ample opportunity for the fresh graduate to start their career in the teaching profession which will help them to be specialized themselves in their master programme.
- Student can go for their Ph.D programmes as well as for further research work.
- They can become public health nurses/ health’s worker work in govt. and private clinics and health deptt. in urban and rural areas to provide basic medical services to the local population
- They have also many scopes in Teaching fields as Teacher/ Lecturers.
TYPES OF JOB AFTER M.Sc NURSING
- Nursing in Charge
- Nursing Supervisor
- Nursing executive
- Nursing tutor
- Clinical Instructor
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent
- Paramedical Nurse
- Tutor – Psychiatric Nursing
- Staff Nurse/ Critical care nursing
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Medical Advisor